EFFECTIVE COLLECTIONS BEGINS WITH CREDIT
Ken Young, C.C.P., C.C.P. Emeritus
Ken has been a credit management professional for over twenty-five years and has global experience in a broad range of industries including the food (aquaculture & beverage), chemical, manufacturing and transportation sectors.
Recent speaking/consulting projects have included Canada, the United States, Brunei and Jamaica. He has co-authored a free e-book for the credit profession entitled Mentorship.
Subjects popular with our clients:
- Philosophy, Policy & Procedure
- The Mission Statement
- What is Credit?
- The ONLY reason we grant credit
- When is a sale complete? (Not so fast, you may be surprised!)
- Don’t lend money to strangers
- Willing AND able
- Sources of Information
- References (Keeping in mind, even a serial killer can provide two references)
- Decision time (never say no!)
- The Five ‘C’ Factors
- Setting the Credit Line (never the limit)
- We don’t want information — we want a decision!
- The Welcome Letter from the Credit Department